Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In Good Company

I just found out the legendary rock and roll photographer Jim Marshall is participating, along with yours truly, in the Happenstance benefit art show and auction at Subtext in San Diego on December 5th. Jim and his cameras have borne witness to some of the most amazing moments in recent music history. I was lucky enough to see him speak last month and have admired his work for years.
Happenstance is a group photography exhibition celebrating those moments when the least expected circumstances lead to great photos. There will be a silent auction of the prints from the show with the proceeds going to The Monarch School.
For my part, I'm donating a portrait I made in the wee hours of the morning at a Halloween party this year.
There's over 30 photographers participating in the show including: J. Grant Brittain, Bil Zelman, Embry Rucker, and Lou Mora.

1 comment:

Zach Petschek said...

And naturally I can't make it. It looks like an awesome show.